Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Borders

Once upon a time I was gettin ready to paint my new house. I knew colors I wanted and for some reason in my living room I had two colors I wanted to use but I didn't want to do the same old one color on top one on bottom separated by a wallpaper border or by molding or anything like that. I wanted something different and creative! Lucky for me I was working at the time with an amazingly incredibly creative woman! She always has the best and most incredible ideas! So I told her my dilemma and she said come look at this room I painted once I think it would be your style. So after work I went to her house and she showed me a spare bedroom that had trees as a border! Genius! So I asked permission to copy and she said of course and here's how it turned out...



I absolutely loved it cause its totally my outdoorsy style and the colors were perfect! After a few years I met my hubby and decided to move from the big city of Cottonwood to the booming metropolis of Oakesdale and I got the opportunity to redo someone else's home. It was a total blank canvas and my hubby is wonderful and lets me run free through the home paint brushes in hand.
 I had redone the living room and the dining room and was deciding which room next. At this point I was really missing my trees from my last house and decided our fireplace/mudroom would be a great room to do this in. Then I realized oh man I live in the rolling hills of the palouse now and my hubby's a farmer...hmmm maybe I should do rolling hills! So here they are:) and it worked out wonderfully because I did my kitchen the color yellow I did the hills in and both rooms connect so I didn't have to over think a transition I just kept the hills rollin:)

(Sorry the room looks messy this was when we were redoing the floors)
I know in the pic you can't really tell but I shaded the hills slightly so they look like wheat shining in the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment